I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Change and what we willing to sacrifice for it?

The fire burnt hot, but the experience was one to remember. I can almost see steam coming from my body, processing everything that I experienced. The stretch spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically was more than I ever expected.

Before I left on my trip across Europe I decided that I really wanted to dedicate this trip to changing/refining my mindsets, to truth. It would be the perfect set up, being removed from every comfort zone and away from every familiar influence of thought. Stepping completely into the Lords learning zone. Just me, Him, and my mindsets, true or false. I decided to jump for it.

I did not know what to expect, for I had never completely jumped like that before, into the complete unknown. This trip was more than leisure, it was more than seeing the world, I was looking for change.

Have you ever wanted something so bad you were willing to do anything to get there? This was the point I was at when I finally left February 29th, 2012, got on the plane for my first flight to Chicago, which then left to London.

As I sat there, alone, in the Phoenix airport, ready to board the plane to Chicago, my fears started to arise. My strongest emotion was "What the hell am I doing?" as I looked around at so many people around me, realizing that I was now completely on my own. I was seriously tempted to turn around and go home. 

I cried more in the first two weeks of the trip than I ever had in my life. Serious moments of stretching and pain. I have never prayed so much in my life. There were so many beautiful moments during the trip, I just never expected to be that hard.

I'm pretty sure, this decision and adventure has taught me more than  any one experience I have ever had. It has definitely changed me.

I will soon be up off the floor, wipe off the dust and continue on. But as for now, I must take a moment to breathe.

-Dreamer Di

I will write more of what I learned tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment