I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Friday, May 4, 2012

Hard knocks of Traveling

Well, my trip was a success. I went to Europe without a plan, learned a bunch of stuff, had my priorities straightened out, found what was beautiful in my life already and am pumped and motivated to continue to live more of my dreams.

Along with the life lessons I learned on this trip, there were such moments of joy and victory. I am so happy I was able to go see the countries I did, meet the people I met, and live wildly for a couple months. I am currently now at home and it is amazing to see my own transformation. I am slowly beginning to see what has changed and how I am different.

I went on this trip to grow. I knew this was going to be hard, but I had no idea HOW hard it would be. There were moments when I wanted to throw in the towel and everything I have worked for. Moments when I cried harder than I ever had, out of pain, stretching and refinement. Moments when I wanted to quit and sell out. But I didn't, I stuck it through right til the end.

See not having a plan, I obviously didn't know what to plan for exactly. Including finances, so the money I had saved was used quickly for expenses I never knew existed. For part of the reason I am home is the money ran out, and as of yesterday on my 'return to the states date' I had $1.37 in my account. hahaha crazy ay? nothing like traveling Europe til you run out of money!! But now I have learned, what to do, what not to do. I learned through the hard knocks, not from a book. I learned the cold hard truth of reality on this trip and how to be COMPLETELY self reliant, more than I ever had. I had thought I did pretty well before but now I know how to prepare even more.

I felt things I have never felt before, stretched in areas that have always been so comfortable. I will tell you honestly, this trip was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it was one of the best things I could have done. I learned more than I ever could have at a desk, in a book or anywhere else. Experiencing it myself brought so much wholeness and understanding.

I will go back, I will go explore the beautiful places I saw, and many more. I will continue my goal of being a world traveler and enjoying each moment, I just know, I will do it a lot differently, next time.

I dare you to be real,
Dreamer Di

Word of the day: Woah

Challenge: Push through the hard times, for you come out on the other side stronger and better than you ever were before. Dare to dream, even if it means going through hell and fire to reach the end. I promise it's worth it. I will explain more when more of the steam rolls of and my clothes aren't on fire anymore. ;) You'll do fine, just keep pressing through.



No comments:

Post a Comment