I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let It Go Dreamers

Hey Dreamers,

I am taking a lot of leaps in trusting right now.

I feel like I am floating through the air like a autumn leaf. I am letting go of expectations, titles and unimportant ideas. I feel I am actually enjoying the wind and riding it instead of fighting it. Such a beautiful thing to picture and feel.

I'm sure the wind has been blowing for years. I can imagine I was holding on to the fence with everything I had to resist getting blown away. 

I don't think I understood or have trusted the wind. Trusted that God can really take me and lead me.

It's not that I am passive and inactive as I let the wind blow me. It is a constant effort to let go when I'm directed, finish projects when assigned, destroying pride, choosing to change, and trusting when life's timing doesn't play out how I thought. Those are my actions when the wind blows.

Trust, movement and choice.

I feel like these last two years have beaten me down and burned hot. At times, I really feared my strength wasn't enough, and I would lose everything I had that was beautiful.  The burning and beating was for purpose. As I am coming out of it, I see what the creator was doing.

I don't know exactly what broke in me over this time, but all I know is. I am now open to letting people in and love me, I have surrendered to guidance and am willing to do whatever it takes to follow directions. I feel smaller than ever before, yet my power and light that is shining is more refined, focused and bright. My power comes from another strength, not my own. I have been broken in, like taming a wild mustang. Bridaling my passions and directing them.

You have no idea how many times I have been face first on the floor in tears to get to this point. Tears of release and healing. Tears of gratitude and joy. Tears of disappointment, tears of dire pain, tears of regret.

It has taken a lot of work to get to this point, of blowing in the wind.

I am still learning how to trust, but I have come farther than I ever thought I could.

I pray I can continue to enjoy the wind, let it move me, and refine me.

I pray you too can trust the wind and let it move you in peace.

Thank you for loving me on this journey dreamers,
Dreamer Di

Challenge: Find an unrealistic expectation you have given yourself and choose to let it go into the wind. You don't need it anymore. Be free.

Words: I love my little dog, curled up on my lap as I write this. :) <3





No comments:

Post a Comment