I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Friday, February 7, 2014

I Am Not A Painter

I am defining who I am in this moment.

I decided that I was going to go through my room and get rid of anything that does not align with my truth, who I am, and where I'm going.

It's interesting, I am defining who I am by declaring what I am not. I realized this as I decided to get rid on hundreds of dollars of painting supplies today. I realized, I don't want to paint, I don't ever want to and I don't want to keep this anymore. I am not a painter.

Instead of there being a loose end of "am I a painter?" The answer is no. I just decided. This is not how I want to use my creative energy. I jumped into painting head first, tried it.... It's not for me. I'm letting it go.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that I am letting go of emotional ties to the past while I do this. Holding onto things because they cost me money, a new hobby I tried and didn't stick with, clothes that one day I might like, a gift because someone gave it to me, things I held on to "just in case."

It's all going.

Realizing that giving away an item is not taking away from the moment, experience or relationship, but giving me room now to enhance what is important.

I am done wasting space, energy, thought, creativity and more.

I am done with it.

I even am burning my vision board I made in 2008. Those things were all great goals then, and I accomplished a ton of them, but I'm through with just having dreams on a board. I want reality. No wishing, hoping and praying will ever be enough without doing the action it takes to get there.

I have had a lot of excuses, a lot of fears, a lot of stupid things I clung to and I still have a lot more work. But I have to let them go to succeed.

Letting go of false identity "stuff" will assist in letting go of things mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

I want the RAW refined truth of who I am, my gifts and what I'm here on earth for.

I get rid of all this stuff in appreciation and peace, for this all has been part of my journey. Every hobby tested, every style tried, every note, writing and book read, has led me to who and where I am now. I am proud of my journey. But 90% of what surrounds me, does not serve me anymore.

I willingly and lovingly release it.

I invite you to let go of what does not serve you either. 

To Freedom,
Love Dreamer Di

Challenge: start small, go through your closet and throw out what you don't like. Then move on to another section.

Word: Clearing

Here is just part of what I have released in the last 48hours. All my decorations, tons of accessories, clothes, books, furniture and much more. Bye bye:)

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, amazing, inspiring. I need to do this SO badly!

    ReplyDelete