I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rock the balance

I'm really starting to wonder, what is real, what is truth? Standards and expectations set so high and we're presented with a certain way of living but what is really true. This has brought a lot of thought, for just last week I was running around being the busiest, yet most productive I've ever been, but after my Dog siezured, I didn't have time for a family member and my life around me was falling apart, which ended in a mere neverous breakdown. Which royally sucks btw. I realized I keep chasing this things that are "bigger and better". Yet the things that are most important to me are being neglected. I want to live my life The simple way and enjoy every moment but society makes us think that we have to be so busy to be happy and I don't believe that is true. For you can find a very simple man and He be happy and grateful for his life and the busy "successful" person and they are on antidepressants, don't know any of their 3 children and are completely unhappy. There has to be a balance. I desire to have the resources I need and desire, and I'm willing to work for it. But there has to be a simpler way to live, there has to be a way to make an income by doing what I love. There has to be a way.. What does success mean to you? I am still trying to figure out what success specifically means to me too.

Moving to Spain is going to be one of the best experiences of my life. I feel like I'm going to be able to really learn and know what's real. My friend Teddy Nixon and I are looking into doing a pilgramage while we are there, called "Camino de Santiago". You can start pretty much anywhere in northern France or Spain and walk all the way to Spain's western coast. It's over a thousand years old and it is a religious pilgrimage for most. Where you walk for days and days, and pretty much can explore on your own time. Gosh, I am amazed by how amazing it sounds. I am excited to step into a new culture of travelers. I beleive I will learn a more simple life, as I am traveling very light and am choosing to spend very little money. I have always wanted to live this way, and now I am acheiving my dreams and doing it. :) To live as a gypsy: a person held to resemble a gypsy, especially in physical characteristics or in a traditionally ascribed freedom or inclination to move from place to place. (dictionary.com) It blows my mind that this is truly possible..

Challenge #1: Do you know what's important? I challenge you to truly thing what is important to you, then evaluate if you feel you are giving your prioritys enough time and change what you need to. Your pirorities need to be what you truly want, to be happy. :)

Challenge #2: STOP BEING SO SERIOUS. Find humor in your life and trials and laugh more. Life is to be enjoyed. (I only say this for I am trying to learn how to enjoy life again, let's do this together? :) )

Word of the day: Hambone

Peace and Love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment