I DON'T DREAM AT NIGHT, I DREAM ALL DAY; I DREAM FOR A LIVING." -Steven Spielberg

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Actual Love Vs. Movie Love

I realize that doing things differently than most people is ok.

I feel I am a romantic person, loyal and a good friend.

I am so blessed that I do not watch TV and am very selective with movies. My ability to love and expectations of love are not fantasies, but are are based off what my heart truly feels and not a regimen or agenda created by some unknown cyber wannabe love goddess.

Why would I want to set myself up with unrealistic expectations, fears or judgements by watching love stories of others, fictional or not, to determine mine? 

Doesn't sound smart to do so..

I have a very good friend of mine that I have loved for quite some time. I realize I don't have to make it hard for this man, play games or "play hard to get." It just comes down to straight up honest communication. Not being afraid to be open and lay it all on the table.

I want to learn what love is from the true source. I believe that the essence of love is inside each of us. We are blessed to have the divinity of God inside of us. He is the giver of true love. And to Him I will go to find that love and how to give it to another.

It's interesting, the more I mess up and feel like I'm failing, the more I turn to God. During these times I have felt the Lords love even more.

I have really struggled to like people for a long time. It started to bother me that I never trusted people and could never fully connect with anyone. 

I wanted to learn how to truly love people.

I have been working on this for years and the fruit has been beautiful. I still feel I have a long way to go, to truly deeply love people around me, but I wouldn't trade the wonderful emotions I have felt for each person along the way. Love is becoming real, and a piece of me.

In romantic love, I believe friendship is the deepest quality needed. For when things get tough it is the deep bond of helping each other that keeps things together. It's in those moments of serving each other, because you love that person for who they are, not by how they look, perform or fail, but because you love them and would do anything for them.

I believe true love takes work, patience, understanding, communication, belief, God and time. 

I believe that the more you give true love, the more your ability to receive that same love grows, and maybe more than you gave.

Gosh, I pray you and I can be filled with actual love.

Why not create a love story of your own?
Love Dreamer Di

Challenges: 1. Give love to someone today and see what fruit grows from serving another.
2. Continue open communication with God to help you find the love inside of you. 

Words: My heart is full

I'd love for you to like or comment about love you've felt. Also, feel free to share this blog post if you agree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment